Tuesday 4 December 2012

Redheads Can't Wear Red, Right? Wrong.

 
I was browsing a couple of blogs recently, and I'm really loving the bright red lip look for the holiday season.  I'm not a fan of lipstick at all generally, I think I only have two besides this red one.  I find most of them dry my lips quite badly, and look too 'done up' on me.  I've stuck for years with black eyeliner smudged out with black eyeshadow, a bit of blusher, and lip balm.  But I decided, eventually, on trying this red by Kate Moss for Rimmel, in 01 (I actually bought this full price!).  I only applied the lipstick to the middle of my lips, then blended outwards, giving a nice slightly smudgy look but keeping the red. Its a great consistency for this, really creamy and doesn't dry my lips at all.  Even after hours, while it had worn a little, I just put balm over the top and it still looked great, so it was more like a stain.  I really like it, and I've been wearing the look a lot this past week.
 
Wearing red, as a redhead, gets me a lot of comments, and as far a I can remember they've all been positive.  I have several red dresses, a red cardigan, red leather brogues, even a red pair of specs!  Obviously though, I don't wear them all at the same time!  So don't let anyone tell you you can't wear red as a redhead, it might just take a little longer to find the right one :)
 
Favorite Finds at the car boot this week:
- vintage binoculars, with (battered!) leather case £1
- tiny vintage rose quartz chinese buddha with goldtone mount (has the chinese 'happiness' character on the back) 50p

 
 
 Happy December! :) P xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment