Saturday 17 November 2012

Cream Egg Crackle

The other week I picked up a crackle nail polish at the car boot; W7's deep purple.  I've never really known what to make of the crackle polish thing - I think it looks fab, but I'm very partial to simple glossy dark nails.  I rarely wear light or bright colours anymore.  But, being a beautiful metallic purple and only 50p, I though I'd give it a go.
 


 
For the undercolour I used Tangerine by Barry M, and for the topcoat Collection 2000 2in1 topcoat (only 2.99, and I find it much better than some of the more expensive brands).




 
 

 
I like it, reminds me of the Cadburys Creme Egg wrapper!  Takes a bit of practice to get a nice crackle though, a thinner coat does't show the purple too well.  A a topcoat (that I normally don't use, I just tip whatever colour I'm wearing) is a must I found, brings out the metallic of the purple.
 
Overall though, I'm glad I didn't by a crackle full price.  I like the look, but I certainly won't be wearing it very often, too busy for my nails :)
 
New in The Etsy Shop today: vintage festive jumpers & leather bags! :)

 
 
P xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment